As part of an ongoing Kickstarter campaign for its retro-styled JRPG Soul Saga, indie developer Disastercake has added an $80,000 stretch goal that will fund the creation of a Wii U port.
Soul Saga cites inspiration from the PSone-era Final Fantasy and Suikoden games, and promises to deliver a similar character-driven experience for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. The Wii U version is the only confirmed console port so far, but Disastercake is currently in talks with Sony regarding a potential PS Vita release.
As of this writing, Soul Saga has earned more than $48,000 toward its initial funding goal of $60,000. Soul Saga is also up for vote at Steam Greenlight.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18