Looking forward to patch 5.4? You're definitely not alone
, with this patch shaping up to be an interesting one for PvE and PvP. Coming on the heels of the team-free, cross-realm arena announcement
, we have updated 5.4 patch notes for all to enjoy. These changes should be live on the PTR now, so get testing! (If you don't know where to start, Blizzard has instructions on how to copy your character
and download the PTR client
.) In addition to the big changes for arena players, there are a smattering of class tweaks and adjustments to Mists
quartermasters. A complete list of patch note changes is after the break and you can find the full patch notes on Battle.net
Redesigned Arena System
- Players no longer need to create or join an Arena team to compete.
- Similar to the Rated Battleground system, players in a party of the appropriate size (cross-realm groups are supported) may queue for an Arena bracket of the same size (2v2, 3v3, or 5v5).
- Each player will have a personal rating that increase or decrease based on victories and defeats against other rated opponents. Opponents will be selected based on the average Match Making Rating of the party.
- Conquest cap, requirements on gear and enchantments will be based on the player's personal rating.
- The Arena ladder will no longer be sorted according to Battlegroup. Just like Rated Battlegrounds and normal Battlegrounds, all Arenas will now be region-wide!
- At the end of an Arena season, the top players in a region will still earn titles and mounts.
- For more details about the change to Arenas, please see the blog titled: Patch 5.4 Arena Update.
- Area knockback effects now all share a diminishing return category. After a player has been moved by one of these spells, the player will be immune for 10 seconds. This new category applies to: Fellash, Gorefiend's Grasp, Glyph of Explosive Trap, Thunderstorm, Typhoon, Ursol's Vortex, and Whiplash.
- Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health, and will no longer be consumed if the target is already at full health.
- Explosive Trap had its overall damage decreased by 30%. Proportionately, more damage has been removed from the initial damage than the periodic effect.
- Chi Brew will now also generate stacks of Brew/Teas based on the Monk's specialization. Brewmaster: 10 stacks of Elusive Brew.
- Execution Sentence will now immediately damage the target for 5 times the amount of damage that had been dealt by Execution Sentence's most recent periodic effect when dispelled. Stay of Execution will now immediately heal the target for 5 times the amount of healing that had been dealt by Stay of Execution's most recent periodic effect when dispelled.
- Sacred Shield changes have been reverted and is a talent once more.
- Sanctified Wrath: Protection: Now causes Judgment to generate 2 Holy Power instead of 1 while Avenging Wrath is active.
- Hymn of Hope now prefers to target healers when it grants mana. Healers will always be picked before non-healers, regardless of how much mana they have.
- New Minor Glyph: Glyph of Feathers causes the Priest's healing spells to momentarily grant angelic wings.
- Slam now deals 35% of damage dealt against the primary target to all other enemies within 2 yards, and causes an additional 10% damage to targets affected by the warrior's Colossus Smash.
- Adjustments have been made to Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters: Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by the Shado-Pan Assault now have their reputation requirements reduced to Friendly or below, and have their Valor Point cost reduced by 34%. Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by all other Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters no longer have reputation requirements, and will now cost Justice Points instead of Valor. Rare quality (blue) items have their Justice Point cost reduced by 75%. No changes for items that require an Exalted reputation.
- The conversion rate for Justice Points to Honor Points have changed. The conversion rate is now 500 Justice per 250 Honor (up from 375 Justice per 250 Honor).
- Equipping any pair of PvP trinkets from Season 12 or later will now grant a 10% reduction in damage taken from other players.
- [PTR]: For testing purposes, Flaskataur, Esq. will be available near the Niuzao Temple selling normal Tier-16 armor and Tier-16 trinkets for gold.