Guillemot cites ZombiU's failure to turn a profit as the primary reason for abandoning the sequel, despite developer Ubisoft Montpelier's recent experiments with a prototype version. Guillemot notes that ZombiU's poor performance and Wii U console sales in general were driving factors in the company's decision to delay Rayman Legends for a multiplatform release later this year.
"We must find a way to ensure the creativity of those games could have a big enough audience," Guillemot said. "We hope [the Wii U] will take off. At the moment, we've said 'let's do through Christmas and see where we are from there.'"
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18