Fans of 90s rasslin' can recruit The Ultimate Warrior into their WWE 2K14 rosters with a pre-order on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. The supporting retailers are GameStop, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, Toys R Us and the WWE shop.
Though the Ultimate Warrior may be a calculated move in garnering additional sales, it's not the first one made in the game's journey to stores.
Former license holder THQ owed WWE $7.6 million for marketing and royalty expenses at the time of filing bankruptcy, and between $15 and $20 million to longtime series developer Yuke's. WWE 2K14 was then acquired by Take-Two, which is pushing the game into the retail ring on October 29.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One