So, what do we actually know about Ozumat? Well, turns out, not a heck of a lot. Here's a rundown of the kraken to krak all krakens.
- If you played through Vashj'ir you ran into Ozumat really quickly, because he's the one who dragged your ship under the waves. Those massive tentacles that sprouted up everywhere? That was Ozumat.
- The Dungeon Journal has this to say: Tales of the monstrous kraken that terrorize Azeroth's high seas were once relegated to myth... but no longer. By some ill means, the naga have bent Ozumat - the patriarch of all kraken - to their will and unleashed him against Neptulon and his followers.
- From this we know the following - Ozumat is under the control of the naga somehow. Ozumat isn't just any kraken but likely the progenitor of krakenkind, or at least a huge and powerful example of them.
- Ozumat is responsible for the naga victory over Neptulon's forces at the end of the Vashj'ir storyline. He assaults and directly attaches himself to Neptulon's face the way the Mindbenders assault humanoid-sized prey.
- Ozumat is present throughout the Throne of the Tides, his vast tentacles encircling the structure. When forced to flee during the final battle, Ozumat ensnares Neptulon and takes the Elemental Lord himself away. Yes, Ozumat is powerful enough to subdue an elemental lord.
- He also used to do the WoW Insider show back in the day. Good cohost. We eventually had to release him.
One thing is for certain - if Ozumat is connected to a new expansion, then we're facing the old gods or their servants again, this time potentially directly.