Disney recently announced two mobile apps that go along with its soon-to-arrive game, Disney Infinity. The first app to launch is Disney Infinity: Action, an augmented reality app that has players filming movies of friends and family alongside three on-screen characters: Mr. Incredible, Sulley and Jack Sparrow. The app will be available starting today on the App Store and Windows Store, with an Android release coming "soon."
Disney's other app has more ties to the console game, as Disney Infinity: Toy Box will allow players to build and edit worlds on their iPads. After building their levels, Toy Box players can then sync the worlds with Disney Infinity and unlock decoractions, props and characters. Disney said the app will launch in the coming weeks, and like Disney Infinity: Action, it will be free. %Gallery-196051%
Two New Apps, "Disney Infinity: Action!" & "Disney Infinity: Toy Box" Provide Players More Ways to Experience the Magic
BURBANK, Calif. – (AUGUST 14, 2013) – Disney Interactive today unveiled two Disney Infinity mobile apps, Disney Infinity: Action! and Disney Infinity: Toy Box, which will provide unprecedented connected extensions of the console experience. The apps will help make Disney Infinity one of the most connected, cross-platform game initiatives ever developed, giving players the opportunity to experience Disney Infinity wherever they go.
Disney Infinity: Toy Box
The Disney Infinity: Toy Box app allows players to build and edit new worlds from the Disney Infinity Toy Box mode on their iPad. Players can also transfer any Toy Box creation between their iPad and console, allowing them to continue right where they left off, from any platform. When done playing on the iPad, players can then sync their Toy Box creation to their console game they will be able to unlock even more props, characters and decorations. Disney Infinity: Toy Box will be available for free for the iPad in the coming weeks.
Features of the app include:
· Intuitive multi-touch controls for building and playing the Toy Box mode.
· More than 60 free items to build Toy Box creations – including terrain, track pieces and decorations.
· The ability to transfer creations cross-platform for further editing/play.
· Any item unlocked in a player's console Toy Box will become available in the app.
· Play with Mr. Incredible for free. Use web codes included with toys at retail or make purchases in-app to bring more than 20 of your favorite Disney and Disney/Pixar characters into the Toy Box app
Disney Infinity: Action! App
In the Disney Infinity: Action! app, players become storytellers. Through the unique Movie Maker feature, players can bring Disney Infinity characters to life by creating their own movies starring themselves alongside Mr. Incredible, Sulley, and Jack Sparrow. Players will be able to choose from more than 30 different available unique animations and dozens of props such as Buzz Lightyear's Jet Pack to create their own story.
Features of the app include:
· Discover unique animations and use them in the Movie Maker to create your own movies
· Choose from a high caliber cast of characters including Mr. Incredible, Sulley and Jack Sparrow
· More than 30 animations to use in videos such as flexing muscles with Mr. Incredible, sword fighting with Jack Sparrow and scaring a friend with Sulley
· Use props in your videos such from Disney staples like Tron and Toy Story
· Share the movies by posting to Facebook or YouTube or sending via email
Disney Infinity: Action! will be available for free on iTunes and in the Windows Store on August 15. It will be available for the Google Play Store soon.
Disney Infinity is an all-new game platform that gives players the freedom to create stories and play experiences starring some of the most beloved characters from the Walt Disney Company and Pixar Animation Studios. Disney Infinity allows players to both experience original adventures in some of their favorite Disney and Pixar worlds and to build their own worlds using the power of their imagination in the "Toy Box" mode. The game is rated E-10+ by the ESRB.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6