Our big sister site Engadget is reporting today that the BBC iPlayer for iOS received a big update that will make it easier to watch your favorite shows even when your internet connection is on the fritz.
The app update is limited to the UK version of the BBC iPlayer, but now supports AirPlay streaming of downloaded shows. If you've captured your favorite episodes of EastEnders or Doctor Who to your iOS device, you can blast 'em to your big screen via Apple TV even if your internet connection is down.
BBC iPlayer now has improved searching as well. Search responses are grouped by series, and iPad users now have a dedicated search section. If you're a UK user, get the update now through the link above.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16
Apple iPad Air 2
Apple iPhone 6