"The current Wii U Basic Pack will become limited in supply," the representative said. "However we are always looking for fun and interesting ways to package up our products for different groups of fans."
The planned stock reduction follows up on a recently announced price drop for the Wii U Deluxe model, set to take effect next month. Starting September 20, both the current Wii U Deluxe retail package and a new The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD bundle will be priced at $299 in North America. An equivalent Wind Waker HD bundle will retail for £259.99 when it launches in Europe on October 4.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18