The new difficulty mode in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD doesn't look to change a whole lot, but it still sounds tough enough thank you. Like the mode of the same name in Skyward Sword, 'Hero Mode' not only doubles the damage enemies do, but also removes all recovery hearts from the environment, leaving players to rely on other means of health nourishment like fairies and potions. Ouch.
According to IGN, Hero Mode is selectable at the start of the game (unlike Skyward Sword) and can be toggled on and off when loading a save file, so wary adventurers won't have to commit to it.
If you've been holding out for a 'Hero Mode' until the end of the night, you'll have to hold out a bit longer than that - but only a bit longer. Wind Waker HD will sail to North America on September 20 in a new $300 Wii U deluxe bundle, and via the eShop. Packaged versions of the game reach retail shores on October 4.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18