StreetPass relay points were introduced in a 3DS firmware update in August as a means of providing players with more chances to swap data for use in apps like the four new Mii Plaza games, which made $4 million in one month. Nintendo's support page notes that players must have firmware 6.2.0- 0U or higher on their systems in order to use the service, though some users claimed the latest 3DS firmware hasn't alleviated their woes. Others noted that some locations, such as McDonald's, only relayed data after logging in to free wi-fi services using the 3DS web browser.
We've reached out to Nintendo for more information, and will update as we learn more.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27