A day after pulling the Apple TV 6.0 update, Apple has released a new build to the public. The original Apple TV 6.0 that was pulled had the build number of 11A470e. That version proved to provide significant problems for some Apple TV owners, including the loss of content and bricking of their Apple TVs.
The new Apple TV 6.0 update, released tonight, has the build number 11A502, and offers everything the first Apple TV 6.0 update did –- including iTunes Radio, podcast syncing, and AirPlay from iCloud -- presumably without the bugs. Users can go into Settings > General > Software Update on their Apple TV's to grab the latest version.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16