The marketing push will include a purchase of in-store space at Tesco, a five-page flier that will be sent to 300,000 Tesco customers that previously purchased a Wii, and coupons for unspecified games. MCV reports that Nintendo is also planning "major online activity" in addition to an "out-of-home promotional tour aimed at reaching 115,500 shoppers."
"There was a big misconception at launch about what Wii U is," Shelly said. "And one of the big messages is that this is a new console and a new controller."
The strategy reflects Iwata's statements in June concerning plans to regain the console's momentum "towards the end of this year." Once that momentum is obtained, Iwata said the company will then "try to establish successful third-party support for Nintendo platforms."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18