In a news-wire update this week, the studio assured fans the confirmed presence of microtransactions "should not disrupt the playing field," since players will still need Reputation Points earned by play to be able to buy high-end gear; players can, however, trade real-world money for in-game GTA$.
Rockstar released new details on GTA Online this morning, including that it takes place a few months prior to the events of GTA 5. Also, house party invites are only for "friendly" visits, meaning other players can't tear up your pad - that's just good manners, really.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One