Rockstar has heard the pleas of its fans and assures players that the development team is hard at work on solutions to all of the issues that have cropped up so far. In the meantime, the company offers an update on the current status of the game's PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 incarnations:
- For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.
- There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.
- This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.
- For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.
In addition, Rockstar has also launched a support page specifically for GTA Online. If none of the solutions listed work for you, your troubles may stem from the crush of traffic caused by millions of players simultaneously attempting to join the GTA Online servers. In that case, the only solution is to wait patiently until either Rockstar improves its servers, or the giddy appeal of a new Grand Theft Auto sequel wears thin.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One