Those who suffer from colorblindness generally see a distorted field of colors, different from those seen by the non-colorblind. By changing certain hues within the game to those the colorblind are more easily able to discern, DICE is able to make Battlefield 4 far more inclusive to potential virtual soldiers. As Reddit user Orli155 points out, the squad colors in the Battlefield 4 beta can be altered to appear more recognizable to those suffering from Deuteranopia, Tritanopia or Protanopia - three of the most prevalent forms of colorblindness.
The Battlefield 4 beta is currently ongoing on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms. The game is slated to make its retail debut on October 29.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One