"Our target audience is, for the most part, gamers who are familiar with other console first-person shooters and want to try something a little more interesting. This led us to focus primarily on teaching the differences between Dust and other FPS games, rather than trying to teach people, for example, what a gun is and how to move around," CCP Senior Game Designer Matthew Woodward explained in a post on the European PlayStation Blog. The tutorials will focus on how to join battles, proper outfitting of gear (dropsuits) and training skills.
The new tutorial system will arrive in an update dubbed Uprising, scheduled for release in "early October." The update also includes the ability to find and join squads and the new corporation roles that allow for better delegation from corp (somewhat like clans) bosses.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25