"You leave the Animus five times during the game's main path and each time you're there for about three to four minutes," Ismail told the Ubiblog.
While in the game's modern day setting, you'll play as an Abstergo programmer, researching protagonist and assassin-pirate, Edward Kenway. Dig through the company's files, and you can uncover information, including what's happened to Desmond. "You get to see what Abstergo Entertainment as a company is doing with your research. You get to see the progression of what they're trying to do, which is really fun," Ismail said.
Software programmers and pirates don't tend to get along in the real world, but in Assassin's Creed 4, they apparently go together like peanut butter and jellyfish. No wait. Jelly. Just regular jelly.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One