WWE 2K14 will receive at least three downloadable content packs, all of which are included in the game's newly-announced season pass program. The season pass costs $19.99 (£15.99) and covers the three packs that launch in November, December and January, respectively. Each piece of DLC can be purchased individually.
The first pack, slated to launch in November for $8.99 (£6.99), features NWO-themed characters Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Syxx, Curt Hennig, Scott Steiner and The Giant, the last one being free of charge and available separately from the pack. WWE 2K14's second piece of DLC, the WWE Superstars and Moves pack includes Fandango, Big E. Langston, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella and Summer Rae, the latter also being free for all players. That pack, set to launch in December for $7.99 (£6.99), also grants players access to 30 new moves and taunts, such as the psycho driver and a two-handed chokeslam.
Lastly, January 2014's DLC offering features legendary wrestlers Bruno Sammartino, Dusty Rhodes, Rick Rude and Jake "The Snake" Roberts along with a free-of-charge Virgil. This pack includes 15 "superstar parts" for use in the game's creation suite, such as Goldberg, Batista and The Undertaker's player models. This final season pass-eligible pack will be available for $8.99 (£6.99).
WWE 2K14 season pass buyers also receive two bonus The Outsiders themed-characters Scott Hall and Kevin Nash in addition to the game's "accelerator," a piece of DLC that unlocks every in-game item and offers players the ability to customize the attributes of all wrestlers. The accelerator will be available for $1.99 (£1.59) on October 29 in North America, then November 1 internationally.
Scheduled to include playable WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends, along with gameplay and creation suite additions
Windsor, UK – October 21, 2013 – 2K today announced details surrounding downloadable content and a Season Pass program for WWE® 2K14, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. The content offering, slated to include an extensive variety of playable WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends, will be available for the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
"WWE 2K14 delivers a comprehensive selection of downloadable content, including impressive roster additions, fan-favorite gameplay and customisation options," said Chris Snyder, Senior Director of Marketing at 2K. "Combined with the game's Season Pass program, we are offering the ultimate WWE video game experience for an amazing value."
About the WWE 2K14 Downloadable Content Program*
The WWE 2K14 downloadable content program is scheduled to include the following items, which will be available on the Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox 360 and on PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system:
Content Group #1 – nWo Pack and Accelerator:
· Playable New World Order (nWo)-themed Superstars: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Syxx, Curt Hennig, Scott Steiner and The Giant;
· Accelerator: Enables players to unlock all in-game items, as well as customize individual WWE Superstar attributes:
o The nWo Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £6.99
o The Giant will be available free of charge;
o The Accelerator will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £1.59
o The Accelerator is currently scheduled for release on launch day – October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1, 2013 internationally;
o The nWo Pack is currently scheduled for worldwide release in November 2013.
Content Group #2 – WWE Superstars and Moves Pack:
· WWE Superstars: Fandango and Big E Langston;
· WWE Divas: Brie Bella, Nikki Bella and Summer Rae;
· Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves and taunts, including the Black Widow (made popular by AJ Lee) and the Koji Clutch (made popular by CM Punk):
o WWE Superstars and Divas, along with the Moves Pack, will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £6.99
o Summer Rae will be available free of charge;
o All content is currently scheduled for worldwide release in December 2013.
Content Group #3 – WWE Legends and Creations Pack:
· WWE Hall of Famers: Bruno Sammartino and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes;
· Legendary WWE Superstars: "Ravishing" Rick Rude and Jake "The Snake" Roberts;
· Playable Superstar: WWE Manager and pop culture icon Virgil;
· Custom Superstar Parts Pack: 15 new Superstar parts to utilize for the most creative freedom in WWE Games history:
o WWE Legends and the Creations Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £6.99
o Virgil will be available free of charge;
o All content is currently scheduled for worldwide release in January 2014.
About the WWE 2K14 Season Pass Program
Players may purchase WWE 2K14 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game's Season Pass program. For a one-time, suggested purchase cost of £15.99 a saving of more than 25 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items:
· Season Pass Program Exclusive – Playable "The Outsiders"-themed Superstars: Scott Hall and Kevin Nash;
· All Content Groups: nWo and Accelerator Packs, WWE Superstars and Moves Pack and WWE Legends and Creations Pack;
· Online Badges: Over 10 exclusive options.
* Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K14 required to play.
Become Immortal – 2K's lineup of premier sports simulation titles expands with the Company's upcoming release in the renowned WWE video game franchise, WWE 2K14. Developed by Yukes for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, WWE 2K14 is positioned to deliver the greatest roster in franchise history and be the most electrifying, authentic and comprehensive WWE video game experience to date. WWE 2K14 is rated 16 by PEGI. Players who pre-order WWE 2K14 will receive Ultimate Warrior at no extra cost on launch day on October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1, 2013 internationally.
For more information on WWE 2K14 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, facebook.com/WWEgames and @WWEgames on Twitter.
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 150 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Istanbul and Tokyo.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One