If you turn on your Apple TV you may notice a new channel called iMovie Theater. Apple quietly added the channel tonight.
The channel itself is an extension of a feature in the new iMovie app for iOS and OS X that allows users to share clips, movies, and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them anywhere -- on the Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple TV.
If you don't see the new iMovie Theater channel, simply restart your Apple TV and it should appear.
- Key specs
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, Other
- Audio services iTunes, Other
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, MPEG-4
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs, v1.4)
- WiFi 802.11 a, ac, g, n
- Released 2015-10