Not unlike the Horde mode seen in Gears of War, the Extinction game type in Ghosts pits a team of one to four players against waves of fast, strong alien invaders. Activision's official description describes the mode as a "unique blend of fast-paced survival action, FPS base defense, scavenging and class leveling."
Whether this new mode replaces the zombie battles fans have come to love in prior Call of Duty entries remains to be seen. Extinction is currently slated to launch alongside Call of Duty: Ghosts when that game debuts on November 5.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One