Retrogaming emulation specialist DotEmu revealed that it will bring the classic arcade beat-'em-ups Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone to iOS and Android devices in the upcoming mobile compilation Double Dragon Trilogy.
The package will include faithful ports of all three games in their original quarter-munching glory, along with a new "Story" mode that awards bonus unlockables and achievements as players progress through the trilogy. A new mobile-specific difficult mode tones down the brutality for players who struggle with touchscreen controls, while Original and Expert difficulty modes are also available for series veterans.
Other bonus features include gamepad support, optional remixed soundtracks, and Bluetooth co-op play. Double Dragon Trilogy is set to launch via the iTunes App Store and Google Play by the end of the year.
Paris, France – October 29th, 2013 – DotEmu, developer and publisher specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games, announces the end-of-year release of Double Dragon Trilogy on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. A groundbreaking, uber-popular game upon its arcade debut in 1987, Double Dragon is the undisputed godfather of co-op beat 'em all!
Enter Double Dragon Trilogy, a compilation specially optimized for mobiles and which includes all three installments of the beloved arcade series: Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone. The first one begins with Billy and his brother Jimmy, two martial arts experts, in a mission to rescue Billy's girlfriend, Marian, who's been kidnapped by the Black Shadows Gang. All your favorite moves are here: punches, kicks, elbows, knees, head-butts and an assortment of not-exactly-street-legal weapons.
- Two game modes: "Arcade" (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and "Story" (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
- Customizable controls
- Three difficulty levels: "mobile" (specially balanced for mobile games), "original" (similar to the arcade version) and "expert" (a real challenge!)
- Achievements & leaderboards via Game Center and Google Play Game Service
- Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
- Co-op mode (two players) via bluetooth
- Gamepad support: compatible with most Android controllers and soon with most iOS controllers too
Battle your way through all 3 titles and bask in the greatness of one of the '80s most popular arcade games!
Double Dragon Trilogy © 2013 Million Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Published and Developed by DotEmu.
DotEmu, a publisher/developer has the mission to bridge the gap between the best of the old video games on today and tomorrow devices: Flash, iPhone and PC. In May 2010, DotEmu opens its own gaming digital distribution shop and distributes today over downloadable 200 titles. DotEmu has worked on several projects including Street Fighter II – Champion Edition on Adobe Flash, R-Type, X-MEN and Another World on iPhone, and Boulder Dash on various platforms. Created in early 2007, DotEmu provides service, technologies and products to customers in Europe, USA, and Japan.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6