Ubisoft shares its first Child of Light gameplay details in the walkthrough video above, giving players an early look at what its creators call a JRPG-inspired "playable poem."
Lead programmer Brianna Code notes that Child of Light stands out from other side-scrollers by giving players the ability to fly, leading to new and unique gameplay possibilities. Child of Light's narrative revolves around player choice, and story elements in later chapters are impacted by player decisions in previous scenes. Battles take place as a series of turn-based battles, and players will be able to leave written hints throughout the game for online friends to see, a la Dark Souls.
Child of Light is due for release in 2014 for the PlayStation 3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC platforms.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One