"To begin with, there were very few instances of QTEs in the game; in fact there was only one in that whole hour-long E3 demo," the blog post reads. "However, given the strong reactions it evoked in the press and the community, it was an easy decision to do away with them entirely. So we're not doing it. No quick time."
Our time with Thief last month didn't spotlight those now-absent timed button-press moments, but focused on the stealthier elements of the game and the ways it enforced resource conservation. The game will arrive on February 25, 2014 for Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One