It's been a great couple of days for two classic iOS gaming franchises: Yesterday we announced the release of Angry Birds Go!, and today PopCap popped out an update to Plants vs. Zombies 2 that makes moving through levels faster and easier.
Upgrades to the game map were responsible for the "faster and easier" gameplay, but there are other improvements as well:
- Big changes. We've upgraded the map to make game progression quicker and easier.
- It's simpler to know how much you've done, where you're going and what loot you'll get along the way.
- Play all-new Piñata Party levels to win cool prizes.
- You can invite your friends and send 'em gifts.
- Use the Turbo button to speed up your planting -- and speed up the zombies.
- Be warned: When we were upgrading the map, somebody let in the Gargantuars.
We have our own Crazy Dave (Caolo) here at TUAW, so we live Plants vs. Zombies 2 every day. For the rest of you, download the freemium title from the App Store today and experience the insanity of version 1.7.261064!