Having problems with Netflix on Apple TV, or simply want to know how much bandwidth is available to your on-demand movie portal? Well lucky for you: There's a built-in video quality tool that you can use to see exactly how many kilobits per second your Apple TV is dedicating to the content you're streaming.
You can access this nifty feature by searching for the video titled "Example Short 23.976" on the Netflix search bar. Select "Play" and once the stream loads, a real-time reading of your bandwidth will be displayed on the screen.
You can also test the performance of other Netflix-capable devices using this same tool, but the neat thing about the Apple TV version is that rather than simply showing the different video-quality levels as it does on the iPad, iPhone or web browser, it displays the actual bandwidth you're using. Handy!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16