Engadget reports that Nintendo will pay Tomita 1.82 percent of the wholesale price of every 3DS and 3DS XL sold over the portable hardware's lifespan. The judgment does not apply to the recently released Nintendo 2DS hardware revision, which abandons the handheld's 3D display as a cost-cutting measure.
A federal jury ruled in favor of Tomita in the company's patent infringement lawsuit earlier this year, awarding damages that were later reduced to $15.1 million.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27