It's a pretty fine week for the podcast- some might even call it double fine. Ludwig, Susan, Richard, and Anthony convene to talk about a couple of smaller games, and a couple of bigger ones. On deck: Don't Starve, Risk of Rain, Super Mario 3D World, and Broken Age. The crew also discusses their all-time favorite platformers.
And if that's not enough, we have something very special this week: an interview with the adventure game legend, Double Fine's Tim Schafer. Ludwig and Schafer sit down to talk Broken Age, modern game development, and the return to classic adventure games.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Ludwig (@LudwigK), Susan (@SusanArendt), Richard (@TheRichardM), Anthony (@ajohnagnello)
- 00:00:00 // Intro
- 00:03:25 // Don't Starve
- 00:17:02 // Risk of Rain
- 00:33:01 // Super Mario 3D World
- 00:44:34 // Best platformers
- 01:05:48 // Tim Schafer interview
- 01:44:02 // Broken Age
- 01:52:17 // Close
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Interlude: Lee Maddeford - "Le petit jardin"
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)