"By the end of last year - Tomb Raider is in the black," Amos said. "We've crossed the line of profitability for the last-gen and PC versions."
Despite its record-setting first-week performance and sales that topped 4 million units worldwide in the months following its launch, Tomb Raider was characterized by Square Enix as a financial disappointment. The publisher cited "weak" sales for Tomb Raider and other published games as factors driving its financial losses for the 2013 fiscal year.
An upgraded reissue of Tomb Raider for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 titled Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is due for release on January 28.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One