"To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary," Sakurai wrote in a message posted to Miiverse, where the above screenshot debuted. Despite this, the image appears to depict a 2D stage occupied solely by Mario's three dimensional character model. Superficially, that seems similar to both Subspace Emissary and the Adventure mode found in Super Smash Bros. Meleé, but there's not enough information available to deduce anything solid.
The Wii U and 3DS incarnations of Super Smash Bros. currently lack a release date, though Nintendo claims that both games should debut before the end of 2014.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo Wii U