I'm sadder than a frog without a lilypad; I feel bad for all the genuine rule-followin' fans who wanted to see their favorite game get the spotlight it certainly deserves. And this will really put a bee in their bonnets: AoC probably woulda won even without the tamperin', so those fools who decided they didn't want to play fair an' square just blew it for the rest of ya. And here I was looking forward to returnin' to Hyboria. For those supporters who voted legitimately, I hope ya still get your time in the ring in another Choose My Adventure.
With that unfortunate business outta the way, I'd like to introduce ya'll to the star of our show: EverQuest. It edged out Anarchy Online by just a few votes to takes its place as the next CMA title. Ya might find it a bit ironic that the keeper of the Norrathian Notebook is heading to Norrath, but since my first attempt to sink my feet in that soil didn't pan out, I'm hopin' it'll be different with ya'll directing the adventure. 'Sides, seems kinda fitting, it being the Year of EverQuest and all. Now there's a whole mess o' choices this week, from race to class to server, so get in there and brand yours before 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, January 31st.
Now, let's get down to business.
Where the buffalo roam
First off, we need to put down roots somewhere, so we've got to pick a server to call home. At least this is one choice I'd have no trouble making if I were on my own (wonders never cease, eh?), but it's your job to find me an ideal spot with good neighbors. It's a pretty long list, so be sure to read the whole thing. And a few servers have special designations, so take that in mind when picking. And don't forget, I am expecting ya'll to ride the trail with me.%Poll-86807%
Don't chap my hide -- choose it
Next up is selecting the skin we'll be in for the duration of this wild west ride. It's a pretty good thing you are here to help for this one; one thing EverQuest does not skimp on is racial choices. This list is long enough that it would be time to move on to a new adventure before I even decided and started on this one! You've got your choices of elves (what fantasy game doesn't), your standard human, and plenty of other interesting critters. Want a lizard? Got it. How about a wolf? Got that, too. EQ's even got a frog.
However, keep in mind that classes are restricted to certain races, so if class is your most important factor, skip down and choose that first, then come back and select a race that matches.%Poll-86825%
Classin' up the joint
Another thing EQ ain't short on is classes. You've got the sneaky kind, the full-armor kind, the healing kind, and the blast-you-into-a-smoldering-pile-of-ash kind. But only certain races are adept at certain classes, so if ya have a hankerin' for a specific one, ya need to find a compatible race. Take a gander at the possibilities:
- Bard: Half Elf, Human, Vah Shir, Wood Elf, Drakkin
- Beastlord: Barbarian, Iksar, Ogre, Troll, Vah Shir
- Berzerker: Barbarian, Dwarf, Ogre, Troll, Vah Shir
- Cleric: Dark Elf, Dwarf, Erudite, Gnome, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Froglok, Drakkin
- Druid: Half Elf, Halfling, Human, Wood Elf, Drakkin
- Enchanter: Dark Elf, Erudite, Gnome, High Elf, Human, Drakkin
- Magician: Dark Elf, Erudite, Gnome, High Elf, Human, Drakkin
- Monk: Human, Iksar, Drakkin
- Necromancer: Dark Elf, Erudite, Gnome, Human, Iksar, Froglok, Drakkin
- Paladin: Dwarf, Erudite, Gnome, Half Elf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Froglok, Drakkin
- Ranger: half Elf, Halfling, Human, Wood Elf, Drakkin
- Rogue: Barbarian, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Half Elf, Halfling, Human, Vah Shir, Wood Elf, Froglok, Drakkin
- Shadow Knight: Dark Elf, Erudite, Gnome, Human, Iksar, Ogre, Troll, Froglok, Drakkin
- Shaman: Barbarian, Iksar, Ogre, Troll, Vah Shir, Froglok
- Warrior: Barbarian, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Half Elf, Halfling, Human, Iksar, Ogre, Troll, Vah Shir, Wood Elf, Froglok, Drakkin
- Wizard: Dark Elf, Erudite, Gnome, High Elf, Human Froglok, Drakkin
Whooee, I hope ya'll ain't too tired to mark one last choice because I can't get going until ya do. The last thing I need to know is which trail to start my adventure on. Should I first set my spurs in Crescent Reach, the starting zone available to each and every race? Or should I mosey on over to my respective homeland to kick things off?%Poll-86859%
That'll wrap things up for this week. Once the polls close at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, I'll whip up a character and hit the trail. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for CMA Live on Massively TV; I'll be aiming for an adventure every week!
Strap yourself in for the ride of (six weeks of) your life! Where are you going? Well, that's entirely up to you, the Massively readers, to decide -- the where, the what, and the how are all directed by you. The who is MJ Guthrie! For the duration of Choose My Adventure, her virtual life is in your hands! Join MJ in-game, on-site, and live on Massively TV to be a part of the adventure and watch the story unfold.