This week, the US Patent and Trademark Office received a request to abandon the Watch Dogs mark from someone claiming to be Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot. Guillemot never made the request, and today he submitted a signed statement to the USPTO declaring as much.
"Here, the circumstances are extraordinary," the USPTO reinstatement petition reads. "An unknown party who lacked authority executed the purported abandonment of the application. Although the request appears to have been sent by petitioner, petitioner declared that it did not submit the request and has every reason to believe that this filing was fraudulent. The Director finds the application should not have been abandoned."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One