Sure, you share your heart out in food photos and selfies, but providing WiFi to those less fortunate might be more magnanimous. That's where Karma comes in, with its portable WiFi hotspot that pays you back in data for a bit of bandwidth benevolence. The company has provided two Acer C720 Chromebooks and a pair of its Karma WiFi hotspots (1GB bundles) so that two lucky Engadget readers can join in spreading the connectivity. Those in need can hop onto the shared hotspot using their own Karma account, earning both them and their host a cool 100MB in data. Accounts dictate usage, so you get to keep your own pay-as-you-go data safe, while doing your part in opening up the interwebs to those around you. Just head on down to the Rafflecopter widget for up to three chances at winning.
Winners - congratulations to: Shivang V., Duluth, GA; Lin D., Brooklyn, NY
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. Two (2) winners will each receive one (1) Acer C720 Chromebook (C720-2848) and one (1) Karma Hotspot 1GB bundle (201212196301).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email or Facebook login. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Acer, Karma and Engadget / AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until February 26th at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!