Were the Sesame Street gang to look upon the three major games released in the last week of February, they would surely sing "One Of These Things Is Not Like the Other." Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Thief both put denizens of the night in dense, dark urban landscapes. Then there's Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which lets you hop and roll through an archipelago of flowing fruit juice and big-eyed penguins. Little different.
Funny thing is, Tropical Freeze is the hardest of the three, with insanely difficult platforming and rage-inducing boss fights. That steep challenge is precisely why we're putting Ludwig Kietzmann, Joystiq's Editor in Chief, against its simian cruelties. Tune in to the Joystiq Twitch Channel at 4PM EST to join Ludwig as he attempts to retrieve all the bananas. Anthony John Agnello will be hanging in the chat, feeding your questions and derision directly to him.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18