Welcome back to The Queue, the daily Q&A column in which the WoW Insider team answers your questions about the World of Warcraft. Adam Holisky (@adamholisky) will be your host today.
A nice variety of questions today. Let's get down to it, shall we?
why should I start playing again? (Quit pre-SoO due to boredom / burnout. I don't raid & pet battles killed me.)
Honestly? I've been asking myself this too lately (well, sorta... it's mainly why should I keep playing). Here's my answers:
- Get all my alts to level 90. Great to do while watching TV shows on Netflix, like Breaking Bad.
- Play the Auction House. I want a million gold. This is proving to be a fun challenge.
- Achievements. You know how many I've missed over the years? Absolutely tons. This has been encouraging me to revisit old content, and that's been an absolute blast.
- PvP. The best time, in my opinion, to PvP during an expansion cycle is right at the end of it. You get people that know the classes well, are there to have fun, and not grind out endlessly. That means, in general, less jerkfaces in BGs with you. Enjoy it.
- Quests. Sorta like achievements, but man... there are a ton of quests out there that I've never done or last did seven years ago on some long forgotten character. Granted many changed post-Cataclym, but revisiting the Outland quests are awesome. It's as close to "Old School" WoW as you can come. Good times.
do you feel the racial talents are mostly set or will there be another round ?
My gut is telling me they're mostly set, and that we'll probably see a few spot revisions here or there. I doubt they'll be getting rid of them all and starting over this expansion cycle. Who knows what they'll do in REDACTED. With the coming of REDACTED we're going to REDACTED REDACTED power cord REDACTED red.
From what I've heard (interviews), we might even be allying up with Gul'dan instead of killing him.
As Anne said on the podcast (which is coming up today, just after The Queue, assuming it's not bumped for news), Ion just said we don't know what our relationship with Gul'dan is going to be like -- or at least that's what he was getting at. Try not to read too much into stuff at this point in the game (notable, there is no game yet, for any of us).
A legitimate question: I haven't heard anything specific, so with the redesigns for the old races, will my Human Death Knight be reskinned albeit with the white, dead face and glowing eyes or will he still look the same?
We don't know what new Death Knights are going to look like yet -- and if I'm wrong, I'm sure to be corrected a billion times in the comments, so just look down there below, in the dark.
There was an announcement stating that in about a week (but no sooner than March 10) the MoP digital collector's edition will be retired. Any speculation on what that might mean for the WoD beta?
Don't read into this either. To be honest, this smells of a marketing ploy. "Into the vault," screamed Walt. And thus Disney's profits rose.
Have questions about the World of Warcraft? The WoW Insider crew is here with The Queue, our daily Q&A column. Leave your questions in the comments, and we'll do our best to answer 'em!