Edifier makes some amazing Bluetooth speakers, and the latest to come out of the company are the Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse Bluetooth speakers. The US$199 speakers are smaller and less expensive than the striking Spinnaker speakers we reviewed in 2012, but still deliver solid sound and good looks. We're also giving away a pair of these gorgeous speakers, so read the review and make your entry. If you're not the lucky winner, you can still get a deal on the Luna Eclipse speakers: just use coupon code TUAWLunaEclipse420 when checking out of the Edifier online store and you'll not only get 20 percent of a pair of the speakers, but free shipping as well!
- Price: US$199
- Dimensions: 8.74" high x 4.8" wide x 8.35" deep (22.2 x 12.2 x 21.2 cm)
- Weight: 7.9 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Power Source: AC (adapter included)
- Connection: Bluetooth, can also use 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Drivers: 3-inch bass driver and 19 mm silk dome tweeter, plus a 3-inch passive bass radiator in each speaker
- Frequency response: Right/Left: 6.1 - 20 KHz, Subwoofer: 30 Hz - 1.58 KHz
- Also included: 3-button remote
Maybe it was the fact that I was listening to Daft Punk while reviewing the Luna Eclipse speakers, but the curved shiny plastic of the speaker cases reminded me of some futuristic helmets that the French house duo would wear. The reviewed speakers were bright red, but also come in a shiny basic black and a nice glossy white.
Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse Bluetooth speakers
A proprietary cable runs between the two speakers to connect them, with a six-pin connector on the back of each speaker. The right speaker includes a small LED to indicate power and Bluetooth status, as well as touch controls on one side for power and volume.
Whether I'm reviewing plug-in desktop speakers like these or battery-powered portable speakers, I look for two things -- how easy the speakers are to set up and how good the sound quality is. Once I removed the speakers from their protective bags, setup was a piece of cake. You just plug the AC adapter into the wall and a DC plug into the back of the right speaker, then connect the two speakers with a long cable.
Tapping the touch-sensitive power button on the right speaker makes an unobtrusive red LED light up, at which time you can pair the speakers to your device of choice. I connected it to my iPhone, waited for a confirming "bloop", and then started pumping tunes through the speakers.
These are definitely loud speakers, and the sound quality is impressive as well. I enjoyed watching the bass drivers visibly move when listening to bass-heavy music, and the speakers easily filled a room that usually falls acoustically flat.
Any complaints? No. The speakers compliment any Mac, they have great sound, and they're reasonably-priced. The Luna Eclipse speakers will give you years of solid sound.
I love it when a manufacturer makes it easy for me to give their product a good rating. Between the futuristic design of these shiny speakers, the ease of setup, and the quality of sound provided, the Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse speakers definitely earned their four-star rating.
Rating: 4 stars out of 4 stars possible
One of you readers is going to win this pair of Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse Bluetooth speakers! Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before March 11 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a pair of Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse Bluetooth speakers valued at $199.00
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.