Prepare for Titanfall! Today's the big day when the big mechs come falling from the sky. Our review said it "isn't tuned to perfection for everyone yet, but it starts as a smart, swift and startling movement in well-traveled space."
If you're still cyber fence-sitting about the game, check out as team @Joystiq plays the game together today on Joystiq Streams at 4PM Eastern (1PM Pacific, 8PM UK). We'll have a post with the specifics up in a few hours.
Let's see what everyone else has been saying about Respawn's debut game...
Gallery | 8 Photos
- Gamespot (90/100): "The overarching experience of playing Titanfall is one of rejuvenation and reinvigoration. The sprint speed, the arsenal, the game modes, and more are all firmly derived from some of the most successful online shooters of recent years."
- Polygon (90/100): "Titanfall may not mark the same kind of sea change that Modern Warfare started but the pieces are all there in a game that delivers on its potential as the next big thing."
- VentureBeat (82/100): "For a multiplayer-only game, Titanfall should have some amazing options and ways to play. But it doesn't. It has a very healthy number of maps (15), but the lack of interesting new modes will make you feel shortchanged for not getting a single-player campaign."
- The Escapist (4/5): "No game can live up to the level of hype foisted on Titanfall, but few games can be this hyped and still satisfy the end user. Respawn Entertainment most certainly satisfies, providing a solid shooter with a laudable amount of unique extras draped over a durable and familiar framework."
- USgamer (4/5): "It's multiplayer-only, so strict single-player gamers need not apply, but if you're open Titanfall has a lot to offer."