Next week is the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. It's the first of the year's big conferences and we'll be there covering what is sure to be a deluge of independent titles. It's not all indies, as major publishers like Epic, WB, Sony and Microsoft also have a few surprises planned.
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@Sliwinski, Twitch): Diablo 3 Loot 2.0.and plenty of TIE TIE FAWWWWWWWW!
- Anthony John Agnello (@AJohnAgnello): I'm getting well into the back half of Thief now, and these things are clear to me: I have improved at SWOOPing dramatically and this game is actually quite good. Ludwig was absolutely right in his review that to get the most out of Thief, all of its modern touches meant to make it easier have to be turned off. No focus mode, no icons letting you know when you can be seen, just play. Sneaking through people's houses and stealing their jewelry is great that way. Er... don't read into what I just said. I will also be snacking on some Ys: Memories of Celceta on the PS Vita, 2014's unsung gaming hero.
- Danny Cowan (@db_cowan, Twitch): I want to play Dark Souls 2, but I have another game to finish for review first. Once that's out of the way, I'm fully prepared to devote the rest of the year to DS2. Praise the sun.
- Earnest Cavalli (@Ecavalli, Twitch): I had legitimate social plans this weekend, but then the flu parachuted into my sinuses and wrecked everything. So, I guess I'll stay inside playing Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 ... if I must.
- Jess Conditt (@JessConditt, Twitch): Towerfall and Titanfall. Insert "falling in love" joke here.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK, Twitch): [...]
- Mike Suszek (@MikeSuszek, Twitch): WRUP HAIKU!
This weekend is joy
For my Vita serves me well
Good old F-F-8.
- Richard Mitchell (@TheRichardM, Twitch): Dark Souls 2. I found a fire sword. Pretty sure I've mastered the game at this point. Also Titanfall.
- Sinan Kubba (@SinanKubba, Twitch): Walking Dead Series 2 Episode 2 Clementine's Electric Boogaloo.
- Sam Prell (@SamPrell, Twitch): Oh Danny boy, the tites, the titans are caaaalling... But I probably won't be heeding them. I've got more games to review, a Nosgoth beta to get better at, and I'm trying to learn the role of Jungler in League of Legends.
- Susan Arendt (@SusanArendt, Twitch): Tie Tie Faw, whenever I can manage to pry the controller out of my husband's hands. Hardpoint, man. Nothin' but Hardpoint. Also, more Out There, because I've finally figured out how to not die after three planets.
- Thomas Schulenberg (@T_Schulenberg, Twitch): I've got a fishing tournament to win in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, as well as a creepy collection of Gyroids in my attic to expand on.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav, Twitch): Got a taste of some upcoming indie games Noir Syndrome and Invisible, Inc. So far, sooooo good. I've also started my adventure in South Park: The Stick of Truth and may venture into the world of Titanfall, time permitting.