While the basic point and click gameplay of the computer game will remain intact in the PlayStation 3 incarnation of Deponia, this new version of the game gives players direct control over protagonist Rufus as he becomes embroiled in a wacky case of mistaken identity. Daedalic describes Deponia as a "fast-paced comedy of errors and one of the most unusual love stories in gaming history" while citing Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett as inspirations for the game's offbeat humor.
So far there's no word on when exactly Deponia might reach Sony's console, nor any official price point for the game. Steam currently lists the PC version of the game at $20, though there's no guarantee its PS3 counterpart will follow the same pricing scheme.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25