Current State of Service: Moderate
Summary: Matchmaking update deployed. Some users experiencing longer than usual matchmaking times and connection issues.
On the whole, Titanfall's online service appears to be running just fine after four weeks on PC and Xbox One, though some Titanfall players have been running into problems. Since the recent matchmaking update to Hardpoint and Attrition modes, some users have reported very long matchmaking times – anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes – or connection issues. Respawn itself has noted that matchmaking will take longer as a result of the more selective system, but enough users have encountered issues that the developer has lessened the effectiveness of the update in order to speed up matchmaking while it irons out the kinks. Respawn is also taking feedback on the matchmaking update in the Titanfall forums.
For its part, Joystiq staff members haven't encountered any noteworthy issues since the matchmaking update was released. We'll be monitoring matchmaking performance over the next two days.
Finally, after a recent delay, the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall has arrived as well. We'll be spending some time with it this week, and will incorporate some impressions into Titanfall's final State of Service update this Thursday.
If you encounter any problems with Titanfall, let us know in the comments or on Joystiq's Twitter or Facebook accounts (use the hashtag #sos and don't forget to specify your platform!).
- Titanfall now features improved matchmaking (Update)
- Matchmaking update results in long wait times for some, Respawn adjusts effectiveness of update (Monitoring)
- Belkin routers unable to connect (Workaround)
- "Unable to receive Origin token" error message (Workaround)
- Crashes occurring when accepting an invitation to a match in progress while currently in a match (Workaround)
- Infinite loading screen (Workaround)
- Issues with receiving Militia Pilot achievement (Workaround)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 90
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22