The first account wipe for the alpha of Heroes of the Storm is coming this Tuesday, April 15. Players in the Alpha have received an email, which you can see after the break. It's working a little differently to the usual wipes, so let's lay out what you're losing and what you're keeping.
- All purchases made with real money will be unaffected. This does not mean future wipes will be the same.
- Your account will be reset to level 1
- All experience points, all quest progress and leveling progress will be reset
- All in-game gold you've earned, and purchases you've made with that gold, will be reset.
You will also receive some rewards for your hard work, to compensate you for what you're losing:
- Starting after the wipe on Tuesday, April 15, all players will gain access to every single hero until Thursday, April 17 at 3:00 p.m. PDT.
- You'll get in-game gold as a reward based on your leveling progress:
- Levels 1 – 19: 10,000 Gold
- Levels 20 – 39: 30,000 Gold
- Level 40: 30,000 Gold and an exclusive Heroes of the Storm lanyard
Hit the break for the full email I received.