has made a return, with Senior PvP Designer Brian Holinka Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzikostas, and Lead Class Designer Kris Zierhut. They're talking PvP and Class Design.
- Diminishing Returns categories have been cut from thirteen to five.
- Fear's PvP duration has been reduced from eight seconds to five.
- CC needs reduction, but without it the game would be boring.
- In WoD every PvP item will have two item levels, e.g. 550 for PvE and 590 for PvP. This will be effective in the world too.
- We saw an early map and description of Ashran -- looks like a League of Legends style ARAM-esque back-and-forth with other activities around the main central run.
- There was some more information on Skirmishes, they may drop Conquest gear, and will drop bags containing Honor, Honor gear, or gold.
- Tanking will not go back to being about Threat
- Button Bloat has focused on redundant or duplicative abilities
- Sometimes cutting or simplifying buttons has made class flavor/fantasy better.
- They do want to give players new things where appropriate, but they need to free up some space to do so.
- The devs do their best to avoid different spell behaviors in PvP.
- The devs endeavor to make classes fun to play without affecting their numbers.
- The devs are listening to feedback and nothing is final.
You can view the video above or on Battle.net