The Devil's Lair of Destiny is what happens to hell when Call of Duty doesn't sell well or EA ships an online game that works properly in its first week. It's a snowy, frozen-over wasteland in Destiny's Old Russia – but it has more guns than we figured the devil would allow in his playground.
Pre-orders of Destiny from Power Up Rewards members at Gamestop get an exclusive vehicle, the Upgraded Sparrow. It's a faster, stronger, redder version of the Sparrow speedster. The Upgraded Sparrow isn't usable in all game modes.
We recently took Destiny for a spin, talked with the creators and toured Bungie's offices with a camera in hand. Destiny launches on September 9.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One