San Francisco is known as a hotbed of design savvy, and Acme Made uses the city as inspiration for its cases and bags. Today I'll be looking at a new product from the company that combines ultra-thin design and surprising functionality. The Ergo Book can currently be had for the bargain price of $40 (for iPad Air) or just $35 for the iPad mini through a Kickstarter project that is about 60 percent funded with 25 days to go. Expect those prices to double when the Ergo Book is available for sale. Check out the specs, watch the video, then enter to win one of the first Ergo Book cases for iPad mini.
- Compatibility - iPad mini, iPad mini Retina display, iPad Air
- SatinShell Ergo Book Material - Polyurethane Satin Fabric outer casing with Polycarbonate protective inner shell
- Leather Ergo Book Material - 100% Genuine Leather outer casing with Polycarbonate protective inner shell
- iPad mini Ergo Book Dimensions (US) - 5.5" x .7" x 8.1" (14 x 1.7 x 20.5 cm)
- iPad mini Ergo Book Weight - 6 oz (170 grams)
- iPad Air Ergo Book Dimensions (US) - 7" x .7" x 9.6" (17.9 x 1.7 x 24.5 cm)
- iPad Air Ergo Book Weight - 8 oz (226.8 grams)
The Acme Made Ergo Book is lightweight, thin, and quite flexible. While it's still in development -- the actual product is expected to ship in September of 2014 -- the Ergo Book looks like it will be a winner for both iPad Air and iPad mini owners.
Rating: 3-1/2 stars out of 4 stars possible