Twelve South's HoverBar is one of those accessories that seems bizarre until you use it for the first time, and then you understand just how useful it can be. Now the company has unveiled the HoverBar 3, retailing at US$99.99. In today's video review, I'll take a look at the HoverBar 3 -- and then you have an opportunity to win one of your very own.
What is the HoverBar used for? Mounting an iPad or iPad mini so that you can have it in front of you without having to hold it in your hand. The sky's the limit with how this mount can be used -- I've seen people use them to hold an iPad next to a monitor for a "second screen", mount them to tables so that they can read an ebook without holding the iPad, or even attach them to cabinets in a kitchen to hold an iPad at eye level for cooking.
- Maximum thickness of two-way clamp: 1 inch (25.4 mm)
- Length of HoverBar arm: 22 inches (559 mm)
- Compatibility: iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad (2nd - 4th generation)
If you have a need for hands-off "floating" of an iPad or iPad mini near your Mac or even just near your favorite comfy chair, then the HoverBar 3 is one of the best solutions I've seen for keeping your tablet under control. Top-notch hardware that won't mar your furniture or your iPad makes the HoverBar 3 a no-brainer for hands-free mounting of your iPad. However, if cost is an issue, you may wish to look at some less expensive solutions that are on the market.
Rating: 3-1/2 stars out of 4 stars possible
GiveawayTwelve South makes amazing gear for Apple devices, and the HoverBar 3 is no exception. Want a chance to win one? Just enter our giveaway. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before May 31, 2014 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing and will receive a Twelve South HoverBar 3 valued at $99.99
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 13
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16