How do you improve on the world's skinniest iPad keyboards? If you're Logitech, you up the ante by making them even thinner and adding a way to adjust the angle of the iPad. In today's TUAW Video Review, I take a look at the new Logitech Ultrathin for iPad Air (US$99.99) and iPad mini/iPad mini with Retina display ($89.99).
- Dimensions: 9.45 x 6.93 x .25 inches (240 x 173.6 x 6.4 mm)
- Weight: .71 lb (322 grams)
iPad mini version
- Dimensions: 7.86 x 5.47 x .25 inches (199.6 x 139 x 6.4 mm)
- Weight: .49 lb (222 grams)
For both versions
- Tilt viewing angle: 50 to 70 degrees
- Bluetooth range: up to 33 feet (10 meters)
- Battery life: Up to three months based on two hours of usage per day
- Colors: Space Grey and Silver
Making the Ultrathin even lighter, adding screen angle adjustability, separating the number and function keys, and keeping the same excellent feel to the keyboard make this a winner on the iPad Air. The Ultrathin for iPad mini still shares some keys and feels a bit cramped, but that goes with the territory of adding a keyboard to the small tablet. These keyboards are a must if you need to enter text quickly into an iPad Air or iPad mini.
Rating (iPad Air version): 4 stars out of 4 stars possible
Rating (iPad mini version): 3 stars out of 4 stars possible