"The common general knowledge did not include a device combining a physical motion sensor with a camera and the reasons advanced by Nintendo for putting those two sensors together in one unit are unconvincing," judge Colin Birss wrote in his decision, possibly channeling his inner Ron Burgandy. What this means for fines and damages is currently uncertain, as Nintendo has said that it will appeal.
Philips filed against Nintendo in the US last month, seeking damages for Nintendo's "deliberate and willful" patent infringement, as well as a ban on the Wii family of products.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii U