"From now on, the victim of a hacking invasion will never lose Notoriety, even if they fail to find the hacker," wrote an Ubisoft representative on the game's forums. "In addition, players losing a ctOS Mobile Challenge will never lose Notoriety. As long as they have passed a few checkpoints, they will gain Notoriety, even if they lose the match."
Prior to these changes, it was common to see players disconnect to avoid the Notoriety hit as soon as they began to fall behind their online opponents. Granted, these alterations won't stop players from disconnecting if they suddenly get bored and decide to visit the local Taco Bell, but they do offer more incentive to keep playing, and fewer viable reasons to quit once a session has begun.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One