For comparison, Etrian Odyssey 4 shifted 150,000 copies in roughly its first three months on sale in Japan, while Vita entry Persona 4 Golden shipped 700,000 worldwide by the end of 2013. Persona Q is still to come to the West, with releases penned in for North America and Europe on November 25 and 28.
As a whole, Sega Sammy posted a Q1 net profit of 5.5 billion yen ($53.4 million), down 57.4 percent year-on-year. With Japan's economy still laboring, Sega saw its Pachinko business, a major contributor to the company, suffer particularly with a 31 percent drop in operating profit. The company maintained its forecast of a 7 billion net loss ($68 million) for the six months ending in September 2014.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27