This is your classic Gamescom episode: A group from the indie side. Tune it to hear Graeme Struthers of Devolver Digital, Aubrey Norris of Deep Silver, and Shams Jorjani of Paradox Interactive talk about the state of independent games publishing, Sony's recent indie dominance, how Microsoft is faring, and the power of catering to niches.
There are more episodes on the way from Gamescom, with more guests. Same time, same place tomorrow. Deal?
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Alexander (@Sliwinski), Ludwig (@LudwigK), Jess (@JessConditt), Sinan (@sinankubba), Thomas (@T_Schulenberg)
Guests: Graeme Struthers (@grim1011) - Devolver Digital, Aubrey Norris (@Chupacaubrey) - Deep Silver, Shams Jorjani (@ShamsJorjani) - Paradox Interactive
- 00:03:10 // Devolver Digital, Deep Silver, and Paradox intros
- 00:17:05 // How to approach devs & curration
- 00:36:10 // Listening to the audience
- 00:50:30 // Piracy
- 00:54:00 // Microsoft
- 00:58:40 // Nintendo
- 01:02:35 // Steam Greenlight
- 01:08:40 // The future
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)