The PlayStation Home social network will end in March 2015 in Japan, Sony announced on the Japanese Home website. A translation of the message indicates that the Home service maintained by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Sony Computer Entertainment America is exempt from the shut down.
Sony's PlayStation Home service, a 3D-environment social network for the PlayStation 3, first launched its beta test in Japan in August 2008. The service was powered by advertisements, tricking other users, and dancing with hamsters.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25